Frequently Asked Questions
Placing an order with Meherrin’s Just Like Home program is easy and fast. However, we understand that you may have some questions. We ask that you read over these frequently asked questions that may help with your problem.
Expand one of the sections below for more answers.
Do I need an account to place an order?
- No; however, once you setup an account, you can use the dashboard to view your recent orders, update your account information, billing address, and reset your password.
How do I create an account?
- At check out, you have the option to create an account (checkbox just above your order details).
How do I change my MRRJ Just Like Home account password?
- If you know your password but would like to change it, you can log into your account and select the change password option.
- If you have forgotten your account password, click on the My Account tab then the Lost Your Password link.
,How do I place an order?
- Add items to your shopping cart from the Shop page.
- On the checkout page, you will select the offender from the list.
- Verify order and check out
Can I phone my order in?
- No. All orders must be submitted through the website.
Is there a limit on the items I can order?
- Yes, each offender is only allowed to receive two (2) appetizers, two (2) entrées, two (2) deserts, and two (2) extra beverages. There are three order periods each week. (These meals are in addition to the offenders regularly meals.)
Can I substitute an item? / I ordered the wrong item.
- MRRJ Staff cannot substitute any items.
- You are given the opportunity to review your order prior to checkout.
- You can logon to your account and cancel the order yourself and then place another. The order will have to be in a ‘Pending Payment’ status to do so. Once payment has been received from your credit card, the order cannot be changed. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW YOUR ORDER PRIOR TO SUBMITTING.
How can I remove an item from my cart?
- Click on the Cart tab a the top of the screen. Then click the red x by any item you wish to remove.
I do not see an offender’s name on the ‘Select Offender’ list.
- Please try again in 24 hours. The names are updated daily at 8am.
- If an offender is placed on disciplinary sanctions, the name is removed from the selection list until the disciplinary sanctions are cleared. Once cleared from the disciplinary sanctions, it will return back to the website on the following morning at 8am. If an inmate goes on disciplinary sanctions after an order has been placed, then the order cannot be refunded. It is the inmate’s responsibility to remain on good behavior to receive this benefit.
- We cannot manually add names.
Can offenders order their own meals?
- No. Offenders are not allowed to order from the Meherrin’s Just Like Home program. Only friends and family can place orders online at mrrjjustlikehome.com
When will my order be delivered? What are the cutoff times?
- Order cut off times are Monday and Wednesday at midnight, with delivery the following afternoon.
- Delivery dates may vary depending on holidays and other situations affecting facility staffing. Orders that are not delivered during these situations will be delivered on the next scheduled delivery date.
Orders are only processed and delivered after payment has been received. Orders that are submitted near the cutoff time may not get processed for the following delivery date if payment is delayed.
Why was my order not delivered?
- Most of the time orders are not delivered because it was received after the cut off time. It will be delivered on the following delivery time.
What forms of payment can I use?
- Any major credit or debit card is accepted.
I didn’t receive a receipt.
- Please insure that you have entered your email address correctly BEFORE you place your order.
My payment will not authorize or was declined.
- Please make sure you have entered all of the required information EXACTLY as it is on your credit card. This includes the verification code on the back on the card. You card may have been rejected by the payment gateway. If so, you will need to contact the financial institution that you have your credit card with.
Refunds and Help FAQs
How do I get a refund?
- Unfortunately, we do not offer refunds. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- We ask that you verify your loved one will still be in jail at the time of delivery.
- Once the orders are processed on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights at midnight, the orders cannot be cancelled.
- Inmates are required to remain on good behavior to receive the Just Like Home meals. If an inmate receives a disciplinary sanction and the order has been placed a refund will not be issued
Help is available through email. Please select the type of help you need:
- Billing: email@example.com
- Orders: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical: email@example.com